Call for Scores 2018
Call for Scores 2018
MotoContrario Ensemble is very excited to announce its fourth call for scores.
For the third edition of the call we received over 200 works from all over the world; eleven pieces for ensemble, sax quartet and solo instrument have been chosen and performed in the winner concert during the last edition of the Festival. Other pieces have been performed in different appointments of the Festival.
For this edition we open the call for two different categories:
cat.A – solo instrument or mixed ensemble (from 2 to 9 instruments, no electronics) – see available instruments below
cat.B – sax quartet (soprano, alto, tenor, baritone)
Instrumentation for cat. A:
- 1 clarinet (single performer, including soprano Bb and A and bass)
- 1 saxophone (single performer, including sopranino, soprano, alto, tenor, baritone)
- 1 trumpet (single performer, including flugelhorn, piccolo trumpet, cornet)
- percussion (single performer; available instruments: marimba (4.3 octave), vibraphone, glockenspiel, 2 susp.cymb., 5 temple bl., snare drum, bongos, congas)
- piano type accordeon (single performer)
- 1 piano (one or two performers)
- 1 violin (single performer)
- 1 viola (single performer)
- 1 cello (single performer)
Guidelines for submission:
– Applicants may be of any nationality and age.
– Applicants may submit only one work for each category.
– Submitted works must not exceed 15 minutes of duration.
Deadline: 31th august 2017 (CET 11.59pm)
Fee: No fee
The submitted pieces will be selected by the members of MotoContrario Ensemble.
The selected pieces will be performed in a dedicated concert of the 5th edition of Festival Contrasti, that will have place in the spring of 2018 in Trento, Italy; other pieces will be considered for different occasions.
All submissions should be sent via email to email@example.com with the subject heading “Contrasti 2018 ‐ Call For Scores ‐ Your Name” and should include a link (Dropbox, Google Drive, WeTransfer, etc) to the following files:
- PDF score;
- MP3 recording (not mandatory – MIDI realizations are acceptable);
- curriculum vitae;
- contact details;
All parts must be sent a week after the selection.
For more information regarding the call for scores, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org