8th – 12th September 2021
Motocontrario organizes, within the Festival Contrasti 2021, an international composition masterclass held by Stefano Gervasoni, professor at the National Superior Conservatory of Paris and acclaimed as one of the most significant authors in the contemporary musical creation panorama.
The masterclass, intended for composer students of all ages and nationalities, is scheduled along five days of work and includes two individual composition lessons for each effective participant, a public lecture given by Stefano Gervasoni and a day of reading session by Ensemble Motocontrario. The session will be dedicated to the scores (fragments or complete pieces) of the selected composers.
A partnership will also be activated between Motocontrario and the Trento Conservatory F.A. Bonporti, in order to set up a concert dedicated to pieces by M° Gervasoni and to the new creations of the students of the masterclass within the 2021 edition of Mondi Sonori Festival in Trento. The concert, which will take place in October, will be performed by Motocontrario Ensemble.
MASTERCLASS, LECTURE, READING SESSION and CONCERT
From 8th to 12th September 2021 in Trento (Italy) with
– two individual lessons and lecture with STEFANO GERVASONI
– reading session
– concert (in October/November 2021) by MotoContrario ensemble dedicated to pieces by M° Stefano Gervasoni and the creations of the students of the Masterclass (after selection) within the 2021 edition of Mondi Sonori Festival in Trento
- Clarinets (Bb – Bass in Bb)
- Sax (Soprano – Alto – Tenor – Baritone)
- Trumpet (Bb – C – D – Eb – Piccolo A/Bb – Flugelhorn soprano – Bb Cornet)
- EFFECTIVE STUDENTS (10 places): € 330
- AUDITORS (via streaming, exclusively the reading session held by the Motocontrario ensemble and M° Gervasoni’s seminar, scheduled for Saturday 11th September): 10€
Deadline for the application on 30th June 2021
APPLICATION and SELECTION
To apply to the selection send an email to email@example.com with the following documentation:
Subject: NAME + SURNAME – Effective Stefano Gervasoni
- link to one / two scores in pdf format uploaded online (personal website, Google Drive, Issuu, or similar);
- link to one / two recordings on soundcloud / youtube / vimeo / personal site etc .;
- artistic and academic curriculum vitae
The selection, personally supervised by the guest teacher, will take place by 10th July 2021.