Call for scores 2020
MotoContrario is pleased to announce the selected scores of 2020 Call for Scores.
We received over 450 works from all over the world: we sincerely thank all the composers who submitted their pieces. We have noticed an average high quality and a wide aesthetic diversity.
We selected the following works:
Giuliano Bracci Hortense (vl., vla., vlc.)
Onur Dülger The Potbelly Hill (bass cl., vl., vlc., pf.)
Ardian Halimi Fünf Miniaturen (cl., vl., vla., vlc., pf.)
Adam Kennaugh Glass (bass cl., vl.)
Lucio Tasca An Imperfect circle 2 (cl., vl., vlc., pf.)
The winning works will be performed in Trento in the next spring, during the Festival Contrasti 2020, in a concert dedicated to them (details TBA).
Some more scores have been chosen for future possible executions; their authors will be contacted personally and individually in the next weeks.
FESTIVAL CONTRASTI 2020 – TRENTO
6th CALL FOR SCORES
MotoContrario Ensemble is very excited to announce its sixth call for scores.
For this edition we open the call for:
– solo instrument or mixed ensemble (from 2 to 8 instruments)
• clarinet (one performer, including piccolo in Eb, soprano in B, in A, bass clarinet)
• saxophone (one performer, including sopranino, soprano, alto, tenor, baritone)
• trumpet (one performer, including flugelhorn, piccolo trumpet, cornet)
• piano (one performer)
• vibraphone (one performer)
• violin (one performer)
• viola (one performer)
• cello (one performer)
Guidelines for submission:
– Applicants may be of any nationality and age.
– Applicants may submit only one work.
– Submitted works must not exceed 15 minutes of duration.
– Pieces that don’t follow the above mentioned instrumentation will not be considered.
– Pieces that request amplification or that use electronic devices will not be considered.
Deadline: November 30, 2019 (CET 11.59 pm)
Fee: The call is completely free of charge. However, we kindly ask you a free donation for supporting our activity; even a little donation by you could be a big help for us to cover the several costs of our performing activities. The contribution is absolutely not mandatory and it will not affect the selection process, of course!
The submitted pieces will be selected by the members of MotoContrario Ensemble.
The selected pieces will be performed in a dedicated concert at the 7th edition of Festival Contrasti, that will have place in spring 2020, in Trento, Italy; more other pieces could be considered for different occasions.
For submission you should fill in the following form:
with all the required data including a permanent link (Dropbox, Google Drive, WeTransfer, etc) to the following files:
• PDF score;
• MP3 recording (not mandatory – MIDI realizations are acceptable);
• curriculum vitae and contact details;
The parts of the selected pieces must be sent a week after the selection.
For any questions feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Web site: https://www.motocontrario.it – https://www.motocontrario.it/call-for-scores